Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Welcome to my crockpot!

Why a crockpot? Because that's what my brain feels like a lot of the time. A bunch of stuff all thrown together, simmering, mixing together. Usually what comes out is something I'm pleased with. I love using my (real) crockpot. My meat never tastes as good as when it's been sitting in the crockpot all day with some onions, garlic, veggies...and there's always enough liquid when it's done to make a little gravy. It reminds me that in life, everything we do or say affects each other. Everything we learn is added to a lifetime of thoughts and information. Everything we feel is layered on top of other feelings. It all mixes together. I hope for my life to be an integrated whole like that, with Jesus Christ infusing every aspect of it.

So with that, I jump on the blog-wagon. My purposes for blogging are as follows:
  1. to record our homeschooling activities and reflect on what's working and what we're learning.
  2. to network with the scrapbooking community and share my work and photography
  3. political rantings and ravings
  4. for loved ones to see what we're up to
  5. to communicate about the Lordship of Jesus Christ, how that affects my life, and thoughts about walking with Him
Enjoy!

3 comments:

staceykingman said...

Oh, yay! I get to be the first to comment on your blog! :)

I am looking forward to what you will be sharing in the months ahead...

karen said...

Sounds like you will have an interesting blog! I be sure to check back again: )

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found you thru 2ps, and I am a soon to be homeschooling mom of two boys. I'm going to start Kindergarten hs with my oldest next year. I'm anxious to read your goals, that is such a good idea! I just wanted to say hello before I got involved reading and forgot. (Jennerator @ 2ps)

And I love the name of your blog, too cute. My mind totally feels like a crockpot all the time!