Wednesday, August 31, 2005

We prayed this morning for patience and motivation for me...

and it worked! Praise God! I've been much better with the kids today and even read to them this morning, which I never do even though I know how important it is. And I'm out of my don't-wanna-do-anything slump and have a list of things I'd like to do before we start homeschooling on Tuesday. It's overwhelmingly long, but at least everything's written down.

Hurricane Katrina was devastating. Things like that affect me much more since 9-11. I think since then I've been more aware of how things like that impact me, even when they seem so far away. Jlyne, a fellow 2peas member, lost just about everything. She and her family are safe, but her house and most of her things have been destroyed. I don't know her, and have never spoken with her, but her design work is incredible and my heart goes out to her and everyone else who has lost so much, and especially those who have lost loved ones or are fighting for their own lives.

I'm looking forward to hearing how the Calvary Chapel is faring, and hopeful that the Lord is using them to draw many people to Himself and provide for their physical and material needs.

Anyway, back to that list. Truly I am blessed abundantly and ought to show my gratitude by loving my family and taking care of my things, for starters...

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Yay! Isn't it awesome to see our prayers working!