Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Setting Homeschooling goals pt. 3

Yeah, I'm all about goals. Something I read recently really affirmed their importance to me--the author of The Organized Homeschooler talked about how God has a purpose for everything He does. He does nothing carelessly, aimlessly, or in vain. It's important to me to begin with the end in mind, so that I can make sure I get to the end I'm working toward.

These are my goals for this school year:

for Shiloh:
  • grow in confidence socially and make friends
  • learn letter sounds and blends
  • count to 100
  • tranisition into full-time homeschooling
for Elijah:
  • begin to recognize letters, shapes, numbers
  • participate in story time, memory verses, field trips
for Mariah:
  • learn to sit quietly during story time
for myself:
  • read to kids daily
  • frequent library trips
  • make school time a priority
  • be involved with Agape HSF
  • achieve and maintain an ordered, disciplined life
  • pursue opportunities to scrapbook for compensation
Looks like it's going to be a busy year!

No comments: