Sunday, November 27, 2005
If you're within driving distance of Bonney Lake Ben Franklin, I hope you'll be taking my Holiday Tags class! We'll make the tags in the picture to the left, and learn some of the many uses for tags for sprucing up your Christmas presents or embellishing your scrapbook layouts. You can sign up on their website, the cost for the class is $15 and supplies will be about $5.
While we're on the subject, what is the best scrapbooking class you've ever taken? What did you like about it? Any suggestions for a newbie teacher?
Have a great day!
Monday, November 21, 2005
Got the idea from Sara W. to google my name + needs and see what comes up....I'd explain these, but they're funnier without knowing the context. :)
- 'Rosy' Needs Some Weather
- ROSY needs your help and that of your friends, family, colleagues and associates
- what Rosy needs is a good psychiatrist.
- this rose needs some soil amendments and mulching.
- Once the lock was filled, the lock-keeper opened one gate, which is all Rosy needs.
- Dan Needs Bush Hogging
- Dan needs a new Car.
- Uncle Dan Needs You
- dan needs the love too, y'all.
- Dan needs to overcome himself
Friday, November 18, 2005
Yes, it has been a couple weeks! And I've actually had blog-worthy things to share, just not the mental RAM to make it happen. Did I actually just make that joke??? Evidence that I spend *way* too much time at the computer. :P
- I've been given the opportunity to teach Scrapbooking and Paper Crafting classes at Bonney Lake Ben Franklin! I'd been wanting to get into teaching classes for a while, and I've gotten to know the Class Coordinator, who is running an amazing program! You'd think a craft store in a town the size of Bonney Lake wouldn't have much to offer, but they have a huge scrapbooking dept. and monthly crops that are attended by 60+ people! Anyway, I made her aware of my interest and she's letting me give it a go. My first class is Dec. 9th at 7pm, I have a really fun project planned and am excited to see how it goes! If you're in the area, you're welcome to come--more information is on the calendar page of their website.
- I was named Pubster of the Day on Nov. 14th! POTD is a huge honor, if you're into that sort of thing, which I am. :) My online scrapbook gallery got lots of attention and I got to know a few people better.
- Dan and I celebrated our 6th anniversary! It's been a crazy, action packed 6 years, and I love him more than ever. Dan is truly the most caring and fun husband I could have ever imagined having. My mom babysat, and we went out for dinner using a gift card we'd been holding onto since last December! I didn't want to go pregnant, and Esther's just now to the point where we can leave her for half a day. We had a great time!
- Homeschooling has slowed down somewhat. I had planned to take Thanksgiving week off, and it turns out we'll be using that to make up missed work! Good thing she's not technically school-aged yet. My mom brought down lots of educational goodies, and I've been better about library trips, and I'm grateful that one of the great things about kids is that they're still learning even when we're not doing anything formal.
- I'm studying the book of Judges in my Wed night Bible study, and keep seeing how the Israelites failed to pass the knowledge of God down through the generations, and how their children would fall into sin and idolatry as a result. A good reminder to take seriously my job as a parent to teach my kids to love the Lord and walk in His ways.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Ok, here's another before and after shot. The after shot isn't fabulous, but I thought it was a good recovery of an unusable photo.
Just in case anyone was wondering (which I'm sure you weren't) we don't really celebrate Halloween. We do carve pumpkins though. This one is Marshie. You have to leave a comment if you know who that is.
Had to add in Elijah. The great thing about a 5MP camera is that you can crop way in and still get decent pics.