Monday, August 29, 2005

Ever have a day when the mom thing just isn't working???

This would be one of those days.

The 4-year-old is having some sort of naptime issue. I make her have some quiet time every afternoon, whether she sleeps or not. She can read books or play quietly. Lately every time I send her in to our room she destroys something. Today she found a green marker and wrote all over herself, her sister's brand-new pillow and there's a spot on the carpet. Lately she' s squirted all the Vaseline out of the tube, written in a book of mine, etc.

The 3-year-old pees or poops in his underwear and then takes it off. He won't go in the toilet of his own accord. And he knows exactly how to push all my buttons, but has the courtesy to wait until I'm on the phone to do it.

The 2-year-old was her normal self today. Totally crazy and needing all kinds of attention.

The baby has some sort of issue and is currently inconsolable. I can't function when she's screaming. Even if she's in the other room.

Never mind the usual. A pile of laundry that needs to be folded. Another that needs to be washed. Can't find my camera, would like to use it tonight. A million other things I'd like to do and need to do to gear up for homeschooling (we start next week). I'm going to a party, mostly people I don't know (I hate that) to say good-bye to my good friend who just got married and is leaving first thing tomorrow for Alaska.

I have a scrapbook layout that I'm 2/3 of the way finished with and totally excited about, but I can't scrap in this frame of mind!! Oh, wait. The baby stopped screaming. Carry on, I'm going to go scrap!

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Yes, yes, yes... and I only have one baby at the moment! :)