Saturday, November 25, 2006

Bullet points + 3

  • Thanksgiving dinner was fabulous. Pumpkin cheesecake is 100x better than pumpkin pie any day. And the stuffing...well, I hope to duplicate it next year, but cooking anything the same twice is a virtual impossibility for me, so I'll have to live with the knowledge that at one point in time I did consume the world's best stuffing.
  • And now, I think I'm finally ready to get serious about losing my extra weight. Trying on clothes today was the last straw.
  • I thought I'd hate having the big dinner at home with just our family, but it went well. We all dressed up and everyone was nice to each other.
  • I'm also thinking seriously about learning web design to add to the amount of business Dan is able to take on and do all of his dirty work (programming, resizing photos, etc.). Even just doing 5 hours a week would add significantly to our income, which could make it so one way or another we're not living in a 1100 sq. ft. house.
  • I'm not feeling very Christmas-y yet. We've had the music on, but I'm just not feelin' it. Even doing some Christmas shopping didn't put me fully there. Which wouldn't be that much of a problem, except that I have gifts to make that could take a few weeks, and I need to order photos, etc.
  • Maybe getting a tree will help.
  • I remember the last time Dan had a significant amount of time, I came to the conclusion that family life works for us if we're both home full-time and without any responsiblities other than the care and feeding of our children. I'm feeling that now, with our weekend 75% over and we're both feeling moderately rested but haven't had any time together since Thanksgiving.
  • They should put at least 6 episodes on the Gilmore Girls DVDs. 8 would be even better. 4 just isn't enough.
  • If you've read this far, I'm compelling you to add 3 bullet points.

No comments: