Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A blustery day

Ever since February 17, 2006, I've been somewhat ancraophobic. That was the day that crazy windstorm knocked out the power in Bonney Lake for 15 hours (give or take). The only reason I remember the exact date is because I was in full-on birthday party planning mode, and had to stop cleaning, baking, decorating, assembling when I didn't have the necessary electricity to complete the tasks, and ended up spending the night an hour away at my mom's house, so I could come home the next day and do in 3 hours what normally would have taken me a day and a half.

FYI -- ancraophobia = fear of wind. Don't worry, I'm not one of those people who knows all the phobia names, I just looked it up on The Indexed Phobia List for the amusement of my faithful blog readers. If you check this list and realize you have one of these phobias (or a pseudo-phobia like mine), you have to let me know what it is! By the way, Spermatophobia or Spermophobia- Fear of germs. I guess I'm not spermophobic after all. ;)

Anyway, ALL that to say I get a little spooked when it's windy now after that fateful day. I'm not a huge fan of disruptions, and Lord knows I already have plenty of them with all these kids. So here's hoping for electrical stability, and safety for all of us who live near large trees.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

We really got hit with the winds on Sunday night.
Glad you are ok.

Spermophobia - I'd have thought that was something else ;)