Thursday, January 11, 2007

Weather drama

One of the reasons I've always loved living in the Pacific Northwest is because of the lack of weather drama. Things are usually pretty low-maintenance here. No extremes. I don't have to do anything out-of-the-ordinary to make sure my home and my things are protected from summer or winter weather. I love that 95% of the time, layers work--I'm almost always comfortable in a hooded sweatshirt and don't even own a winter coat.

So *all this* is getting a little annoying. Ok, a lot annoying. My tolerance for not being able to drive and having to dig out the snow clothes and knowing at all times where the flashlight and butane lighter are is wearing thin. I didn't sign up for this. Rain for 90 days straight, sure. But not this. And it doesn't help that the kids "want to play outside", but Shiloh is the only one who will actually stay outside for more than 10 minutes...but she doesn't want to play alone...so if I locate all the snow clothes and get everyone dressed to go outside it will take at least 45 min., and they'll only play for 10 before they start whining. But if I don't, I have to live with the guilt of being the mom who made her kids stay inside on a snow day.

Anyway, on the list today....
  • Finishing a couple Home Scrap Club projects...I've already met my requirement, but I just can't stop using this kit!
  • Finishing up some class samples that were due yesterday (I guess there are a few benefits to limited mobility)
  • Another chapter of Charlotte's Web
  • A little schoolwork
  • And yes, digging out the snow clothes, getting everyone dressed, and playing outside for 10 minutes will have to happen.
I'm also hoping to hook up with our babysitter at some point. She was supposed to watch the kids tonight, but I'm not sure we'll want to go anywhere. However, she lent me her copy of Gilmore Girls Season 4, minus the last DVD, and I watched the others in an embarrassingly short amount of time (call it lack of self control). And if you're a fan of the show *coughcatcough*, you know that the last episode of Season 4 contains The Moment We've All Been Waiting For. How do I know that? Well, after finishing Season 2 I couldn't stand the thought of waiting 3 or 4 or however many days until Netflix brought another DVD and decided to go to GilmoreGirls.org to get some hints as to what would happen next (again, call it lack of self control)--and got WAY too much information without intending to. Anyway, the last two nights I've woken up in the middle of the night because of dreams about The Moment We've All Been Waiting For. Seriously. So I need to get that DVD from our babysitter so I can start sleeping at night again.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

We are having far more than our share of weather drama this year, for sure.

Stay safe and enjoy Gilmore Girls.

Cat said...

The Moment We've All Been Waiting For... cheater, cheater, cheater!! Yes - well - you will have to see it for yourself. It's so cute the way it happens. But I'll warn you NOT to watch any of the current season on TV - because it will burst your bubble in a BIG way.

Off to dig out snow clothes... luckily my kids will stay out for HOURS without wanting to come in. They're die-hards!