Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Making room for MORE!

So, one night at dinner at the Schlitzkus house, the dad says to the mom, with an idle wave to the corner of the room, "I'm really tired of looking at all that stuff. We should get a cabinet, so it's all behind closed doors." Since she knew it was more of a direction than a suggestion, she aside her own desires to have all her stuff out where she could see it and let it pile up at her convenience, and picked out a new pantry cabinet with the dad. This pantry cabinet cost about twice as much as the catalog said it would...but that mattered not to the dad. For he had a vision of a clean, clutter-free dining room.

So I'm mostly moved in now, and at first I thought I'd be miserable for the rest of my life, having all my scrapbooking stuff packed away, having to move 3-5 objects to get to one thing, and not having a good place to leave my stuff out when something isn't finished (which I think was the whole point), but now it's growing on me. The cabinet is pretty, and well-organized (for now), and I have a good place for my gift wrapping stuff, which had been in the shed--necessitating my going out in the cold and digging through a trunk, surrounded by tools and lawn equipment, to find a gift bag.

But I did have a point when I started this entry.

Now that I have specific space confines, it's imperative that I keep my stash under control. So I'm challenging myself (and anyone who wants to join me) to make room for MORE scrapbooking supplies! I have a long list of things I want to buy from the most recent product releases, as well as my monthly HSC kit and supplies for classes and store samples at Ben Franklin. And I'm committed to NOT outgrowing my space--no more paper holders, no more ribbon cards, no more embellishment containers. I have more than I can use already, so I need to use what I have or get rid of it.

And in case you're wondering, I'm NOT giving up shopping! I'm just trying to get the revolving door to revolve a little faster. :)

Anyway, if you're with me, I've started a challenge on the HSC board--this week the goal is to use at least 1 yard of ribbon on a layout or card! There are RAKs involved...but if you don't want to participate over there, you can post a link in my comment section to your ribbony goodness--I'd love to see it!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Boy, do I hear you on that - I can't buy more if I'm not using what I currently have. Or I shouldn't anyway.