Wednesday, January 17, 2007

February HSC kit

This last week has been a terrific scrapping week! For those of you who have belonged to a kit club, you'll know what I mean when I say that this is a terrific way to scrap using up-to-date products without the "what do I do now" factor. The most time consuming part of scrapbooking for me is always deciding on which supplies to use. Cutting out that step makes it so much easier to enjoy the process of working with my photos and recording my story, which is what makes scrapbooking meaningful to me. The act of creating something that is based on love and memories, that will allow us to look back on this part of our lives and remember what it was really like.

Anyway, here are my pages from the kit:

This is my most recent one...I had put everything away, then drug it all back out to make this page! We're doing a challenge based on it (sanding + numbers) on the MyScrapbookNook forums. You're welcome to come check it out! Photo by emages photography studio in Auburn, WA.












If you know Mariah (or if you have or have known a sassy 3-year-old), you will be able to relate to this one! My husband, who is a much better graphic designer than I could hope to be, didn't like the letters all squished up on the side. I like it though and decided to override his opinion this time.













The kit comes with a tin of Maya Road chipboard. The tin itself is adorable, and the chipboard hearts are enough for about 5 Valentine's Days! 36 circles, and they each have 2 or 3 nesting pieces, so you end up with a LOT of hearts!









My dear friends Ben and Jana, who if they heard me whining about the NW weather of late would probably disown me. As we speak the sun still isn't up in Fairbanks and won't be for hours, and it's probably at least -20 degrees. We just got to see them last week, it's so neat to see them so happy together despite the challenges of living where they live and doing what they're doing.













And a card. I loved this little guy so much, it seemed fitting to give him a place of honor.







Have a great day!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh my goodness - these are so lovely! I can't get over how different Dan looks than my mental picture of him, and the Spunky layout is brilliant.

I also now NEED that chipboard!

Julie said...

Great LOs!!

Mrs. H said...

I love the letters like that, super cute!!
Check out my scrap question on my blog!!! Talk soon:)