Tuesday, March 06, 2007

No, Beccy, my coffee abstention isn't what has caused me to neglect my blog for the past couple weeks.

I've just been busy. Thanks for the reminder though. :)

Busy doing what, you ask? I had the opportunity to demo the coolest scissors in the world last week at the Sewing and Stitchery Expo in Puyallup. It was fun doing something different for a few days, and Dan did a great job holding down the fort. He even took the kids to homeschool group on Friday, an activity which is not for the faint of heart.

So we're back to "normal" at home now. Doing school, wearing jeans (instead of "dress-up clothes"), folding copious amounts of laundry, chatting online with babes all day. My list is a mile long and I have no idea how I'm going to get it all done and still raise 4 kids and have the house just clean enough that Dan doesn't want to turn around and walk back out the door when he gets home. But I know it'll all get done, it always does.

Here's a new layout using the March HSC kit:



















Leah does an amazing job of picking products that go together without being too matchy-matchy. Being the tightwad that I am, I never liked the idea of monthly kits...until I started getting them! I tend to be very picky about what I spend my money on, and never liked the idea that I might be buying something I didn't want. But it turns out that getting a pre-selected kit of products not only saves the time and hassle of deciding which products to use, it actually inspires creativity. I get 16 photo corners and think, I can't use them all the same way...what's something different I can do here with them? AND it keeps me from dragging out every product I own, which keeps my scrap area much cleaner!

And speaking of kits, I was recently asked to join the team at Creating Pages! The great thing about that is that their kits tend to have lots of bright colors and geometric patterns...the perfect counterpoint to the lovely muted, distressed tones in the kits at HSC. The best of both worlds!

Off to tackle the list....

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Oooh, those are lovely colors! I've never been to the stichery expo (mostly because I can't sew) but I'm glad you had a good time!