Monday, March 12, 2007

I never want to see green poop again.

When I used to talk about parenting to non-parents, I would tell them (among other things) that diaper-changing is one of the easier aspects of being a mom. That it doesn't even begin to touch sleep deprivation, self-doubt, the sacrifice of one's freedoms and pleasures, etc.....none of which is really that significant when compared to the joy of loving and investing in the most special and wonderful people you've ever known, blah blah blah...

My position on diapers is changing, however. Maybe because I'm so close to the end. Maybe because I've changed a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 20 diapers every day for 2342 days (6 years and 5 months, exactly). Maybe because even though 3 of my 4 kids are potty trained, 1 wets the bed and 1 still has "accidents" that I'm not entirely convinced are unintentional.

Esther, the last, resists wearing a diaper with everything in her. She takes it off within 5 min. of my putting it on her, every time. She takes it off in her crib, every night and every naptime. First thing she does every morning? Remove the diaper. If I can convince her to wear it during the day, she takes it off the second she poops or pees. Which can be quite messy.

So on my list today is bringing out the potty chair. And spending some time on my knees, begging the Lord for a quick transition for her into big girl panties and for me into a diaper-free existence.

2 comments:

Amber Winward said...

oh Rosy! too sad. I don't want to even start counting how many (days) years I've had the EXACT same problem. enough already!!!

Mimi said...

You literally want her to put on her big girl panties, eh? Bwahahahahahahaha.

That day my kids were finally diaper free was a lovely day! Best wishes it is soon, my friend.