Thursday, December 07, 2006

Rule-breaking

I think I've mentioned my rule about buying scrapbook supplies. I try to only buy things that can be used proportionally to their cost. $1 or less per layout is my rule of thumb. It keeps me from going overboard on stamps that I love but might only use 2 or 3 times.

Anyway, I broke my rule with a vengence for Around the Block Soft Charms (aren't they cute???). And at Fred Meyer, so I didn't even get my 30% discount (buying anything full price drives me crazy now, I've gotten so spoiled!). I did get them on sale, but I think they were $12, and I'll be lucky to get 3 or 4 layouts out of them, and that would be using very short words with few vowels. :) But the occasional splurge is good for the soul, in my humble opinion.

I got to use them on one of my contest layouts at Memory Creators...should be up in the gallery there in the next couple days.

Happy Thursday everyone!

p.s. Check it out! I'm on the Fiskateer blog!!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Oooh, those are nice.

I'm a believer in a splurge now and then. Good job.

Mimi said...

Hey, good job! That's a great layout