Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tagged again!

Got tagged by *Cat*, my asterisk buddy...

What scrapbook lines/products, etc. do you dislike?
  • Cheap cardstock--using the good stuff just seems to bring everything up a notch.
  • Anything thick/3-D--I like my pages flat
  • I tend to gravitate away from anything pre-made and expensive, though sometimes I'll pick that stuff for my DT work since it doesn't cost me anything! ;)
What is the hardest thing you have ever had to scrap?
  • My kids birthday parties are getting to be harder for me to scrap, since I have 3-4 a year!

What technique do you use more than anything else?
  • Uh...does inking my edges count???
  • Lately I've been doing more with acrylic paint.

What is the smallest scrap of paper you save?
  • It depends on the paper--with my FontWerks paper, no scrap is too small!!

Have you ever had any scrapbook related injuries?
  • Not unless you count the headache that resulted from my dropping 500 eyelets on the floor, picking them all up, sorting them, putting them back in their container--and then doing it a second time.

Finish this sentence, "If I wasn't a scrapbooker/stamper, I would spend my money on..."
  • Probably books--if I didn't scrap, I'd also have time to read!
  • Clothes
  • House stuff
  • Gardening stuff

Give us your best storage or organizational idea.
  • A clothesline-type curtain rod that hangs in my scrap area where I display my finished LOs. I also tie my ribbon onto it.
  • Even better--I have 6 Generations Craft Keeper envelopes that I keep projects in progress in. I have one for classes, one for DT stuff, one for my wedding album...that way it's not all sitting in piles on my scrap area. Also, if I'm feeling so inclined I can plan out 3 or 4 pages at a time and put all the photos and supplies, along with a sketch and journaling in one envelope, I find that it's good for me to take advantage of "idea mode" once I'm there!

When you received your first publication/DT notification, who did you tell?
  • I called Dan on his way to work, then e-mailed Cat and Sara.

After answering the questions, tag four of your buddies.
  • I don't think I know 4 people who haven't answered the questions! :P

In other news...
Esther officially has a milk protein allergy. She's had eczema since she was about 3 months old, and it has been pretty severe at times, but we went to an allergist and the screening test came up negative for 16 different allergens, so I thought it would be something she'd outgrow. But then we started her on cow's milk and within a couple days had nasty diapers, really red cheeks and was grumpy, waking up at night, etc. I stopped the milk and then tried it again a couple weeks later (the first time we'd had a virus going through our family), and got the same results.

So now she's on a soy formula--just at the time I thought we'd be able to switch over to milk and decrease our food budget by $50/mo.! Instead it'll be going up, at least for a while until I get it all figured out....she can't have plain soy milk yet because the fat content isn't high enough. I'm pretty bummed--allergies are so high-maintenance, and I've really appreciated the fact that my kids are fairly easy (when it comes to food/sleep/health issues) since there are so many of them so close together. Ugh.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Great answers - I totally agree about cardstock.

Sigh, I'm sorry you have a milk allergic child. That's such a difficult road to walk. My dh is lactose intolerant - soy milk works wonders in cooking, just so you know.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rosy-
Isn't Ester about a year old now?
Collin decided at 13 months he wasn't going to nurse anymore and he refused to drink any milk and still refuses so I give him OJ with Calcium and lots of dark veggies, since he isn't allergic I also give him Cheese and yogurt. Also I make him eat lots of avacados for fat but that can be just as costly as formula :)
Don't give up hope some kids grow out of their milk allergy!
Take Care!