Thursday, February 02, 2006

Why is the world in love again?

Why are we marching hand in hand?
Why are the ocean levels rising up?
It's a brand new record for 1990.
They Might be Giants' brand new album:
Flood

Just in case there was any doubt about my being a dork, you all have proof now! I listen to TMBG Flood multiple times during the week! It's just so fun to listen to, and has the added bonus of getting me out of my computer chair to get housework done. And I think we've managed to convince the kids it's kid music, meaning we can put it on instead of Raffi!! Check back here for deep thoughts from TMBG every week.

So I'm 1 for 3 on the schedule this week. Not bad, eh? :P I'd be 1 for 4, but I have to go to Costco today so I'm not counting it as a failure. However, homeschooling took a turn for the much better this week when Shiloh started reading!! Strictly 3-letter words and short vowel sounds, but a huge accomplishment nonetheless. So nice to see the results of all of our hard work. And a friend from Ben Franklin said she'd give me her old readers, so we'll be able to start reading "real books".

6 comments:

Lorrie said...

My dh likes TMBG too. Didn't they have a little song on Disney? Or was that the crash test dummies? Anyway, have fun!

Mimi said...

Whooot, whooot! Congratulations to Shiloh.

(I also listen to TMBG)

Anonymous said...

{heart} TMBG.

Anonymous said...

i love TMBG! brings back some fond memories from highschool!

Anonymous said...

partical man, partical man...
:O)
yes, i'm a fan, too. :)
we are BIG geeks.
i love that!

Anonymous said...

Who is TMBG anyway?