Wednesday, June 14, 2006

(not so) Deep Thoughts

*Good babysitters are not easy to find. We have a girl who comes 6-7 hours a week, and she'll be gone all summer. She's like a member of the family. We need to find someone for the next couple months, but the moms I know around here use her primarily too....think I'm going to have to get creative!
*2 dentist appts down, probably about 8 to go. :)
*If you're in the Seattle/Tacoma area, you must check out Emages Photography. We had our first shoot there a couple weeks ago, and Nathan is a miracle worker! That he could get a decent, all-4-kids-looking-at-the-camera-with-no-scowls photo still baffles me. Because I was there. We'd get the kids into position, and then one would get up and walk away, or turn their head, or start crying. I'll be getting my proofs today, when I do some LOs with them I'll make sure to post them here.
*I'd pay $50 for a good nap right now. Maybe I'll try to squeeze one in while the kids watch Wallace & Gromit.
*I think what I love most about gardening is that it's so forgiving. If the weeds grow longer than they should, or I miss a day of watering, or something's in need of pruning, no worries! Not like quilting, where one needs to be ridiculously precise to get decent results. Bah. I love quilts, but making them isn't my cup of tea.
*Have you tried Diamond Glaze? I'm so not a techniquey scrapper, but this stuff is cool! Again, too lazy to post examples, but I used it on a couple things recently and will be using it again.
*Ok....I like pictures in blog entries, so let me see what I can dig up...nevermind. Off to sneak in a nap!

4 comments:

Cat said...

I'd pay $50 for a nap, too :)

All I have to say about the babysitter... is don't steal Ellie!

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the babysitter!! I'm having trouble getting in touch with mine! (whine)

LOVE diamond glaze- but I actually prefer glossy accents by Ranger (almost the same stuff- but ranger's has teeny pour spout for easier little details...)

shannon said...

Rosy, you made me laugh with that $50 nap idea. :)

Mimi said...

Me too, on the $50 for a nap. Enjoy.