Friday, July 07, 2006

Just call me Debby Domestic


...because I BAKED BREAD today! Normally I'm not one to put any more effort into anything than necessary (after all, I have 4 kids! Who needs more work?), but lately I've been on a money-saving kick, and have been going over and over our budget, looking for ways to cut costs. So I have a ridiculous amount of trail mix supplies (cheap and easy lunch snacks for Dan), am looking at breakfast options other than cereal (we spend $40/mo. just on cereal!)...and these just came out of the oven. Yum yum.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks yummy! What kind of bread is that?

AtomicArt1 said...

They're just white rolls...thought I'd do something easy to start with. Next time I'm planning to do whole wheat. :)

Anonymous said...

Breakfast idea- PANCAKES!!
You can make good whole wheat pancakes with just a few items in your pantry, and then cut them into sticks and the kids can dip them in yogurt. Cheap & healthy. Then make one huge batch and freeze them between wax paper in a baggy and zap in the microwave for when your in a hurry. Also a good book that I've read a few times is Miserly Moms by Joni McCoy, it's at the library and she's a christian and she also has other good frugal books, they are all quick reads!!! If you need some pancake recipes let me know.....

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah and I in the process of starting a food blog... I let you know when I get it up.

Mimi said...

Yum! Those look good.

Our cereal rule, the box has to be less than $2 and cannot have chocolate in it.