Monday, October 17, 2005

The God of the impossible....

I've been praying lately that my life for God would be marked by things that aren't humanly possible. That like Abraham, I wouldn't waver, but be strong in faith. He fully trusted God to bring a child into the world through his barren wife, when they both were well past the age of childbearing. He never wavered in faith. He did have a pretty big misunderstanding about how God's promise was to be fulfilled, but he fully trusted God.

The things I'm trusting God for aren't physically impossible, but they are far beyond what I'm capable of. The ability to manage a family of 6 on one income, to still be sane at the end of the day, to teach my kids how to love and honor God with their behavior.

I've decided to include Elijah (3) and Mariah (2) in our school time. Talk about impossible! I feel that it's the best way to make my marriage the priority it needs to be and gain control over my schedule. Today was our first day and it went great! I'm hoping that by the time the novelty wears off it will be routine enough that it won't be too hard to stick with. We spend the first half of the time on the couch reading, doing a memory verse, and doing a Bible lesson (with some science & social studies mixed in). Sometimes we'll do some sort of P.E. activity, then we do table time. 3-15 min. segments where both of the little kids get toys to play with for the segment, then they can switch. Mariah did amazingly well. I didn't even consider doing school with her awake when we first started, and I still wouldn't if I wasn't including her in what we're doing. It will be good for her to learn some discipline, and I found out today that she can count to 5!

All in all, a good day. To anyone who is reading, let me encourage you--don't sell God short! He wants to do so much more through us than we let Him, and delights in the impossible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen miss Rosy! I've been really learning lately about not worrying and just trusting in Him. And He does *amazing* things, and brings Himself all the glory!!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing a great job with the kids!! All my grandchildren are being homeschooled, and I see such a difference in them compared to the children that attend regular school. They actually TALK to adults like they enjoy them!! And they are respectful of other people, and all in all, I really feel they get the education that the parents want them to have--stressing the important things in life like Gods enormous love for them. Keep up the good work!! And I'll keep you in my prayers--just like I keep MY grown children in my prayers with their home school adventures.