Friday, October 28, 2005

Cheap tricks





There are many wonderful things about being married to my husband, one being his knowledge of Photoshop! For an amateur photographer, Photoshop can be a huge benefit! Here are the before and after versions of a photo I took yesterday. There's more that could be done color-wise, but the trick I'm most excited about is that I selected Esther's eyes using the magnetic lasso, and brought up the contrast. So many little things that can be done to improve mediocre photos! I'm looking forward to exploring this. I'll keep you posted.
**ETA** The two boxes on the bottom are the same photos the first time I tried to upload them. The ones you can see are the before and after. The after shot looks more bluish here than IRL, for some reason.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally can't see the after photos! (are they the bottom ones? those are the ones i can't see)... i'm so sad, b/c i love the magic of photoshop!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie, Rosy...I only see two photos, but they are so CUTE!!!
Now you need to teach me the lasso thingy!!!

Cat said...

Ditto - can't see the *after* shots... but E is such a little cutie in the first pics!