Saturday, June 28, 2008

The "slipping slide"

























She loves it.









So do they.

And while I've never been overly fond of the heat (85 is my limit), I am thrilled that it's finally truly summer weather. The kids are in and out all day long, playing in the hose (and leaving it running when they're done), making up games, declaring today "best sister and brother day"....life is good. :)

I'm flying solo this weekend. Dan is in Illinois paying his respects to his grandfather, who went to be with the Lord last Thursday. Dan's enjoying seeing family he hasn't seen since he was a kid. It's too bad it takes a death in the family to bring people together like that...but it's good that they're together.

Anyway, I think this is the easiest time I've ever had alone with the kids for overnight or longer. Other than an annoying visit from the wake-up fairy two mornings in a row, the kids have been happy and behaving themselves (mostly, though my neighbors might have disagreed with that last statement at 8:30 this morning when Elijah was screaming at the top of his lungs). I'm getting tons of stuff done, way more than on a normal day at home.

However, the one thing that hasn't made it to the top of my list yet is tackling some scrapbooking projects. I have some Kits & Pieces kits burning a hole in...something (my dining table, perhaps?). And my first online class to prepare. And tomorrow to do it all in. I really try to honor Sunday as a day of rest...is it cheating to do my scrap work on a day of rest? I usually try not to, but this week it can't be helped.

I'll leave you with a couple recent layouts, one with each of the new K&P kits:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's cheating, as long as scrapbooking is restful to you :) It's no fun when you feel a bunch of pressure and you can't stop because you 'have' to get it done. That layout with the Bask kit is just gorgeous Rosy! Post it already! =)

scrappermimi said...

We are summer lovers too! Glad you are enjoying it. So sorry for your loss. Just love you LO, you rocked the stamping!

Kathleen Summers said...

The wake up fairy, lol!!

Love the pics and your scrapbook pages. And your kids are adorable.

XOXOXO

Emmy said...

fun pictures and great LOs!!

deiha said...

two of my favorite pasttimes. slip and slides and rolling down a hill.