Kits and Pieces is a brand new kit club, launching our first kits in September 2007. We specialize in offering "expandable" kits--kits that are as flexible as you are. Members start with a base kit and can add on a little or a lot of several key elements, making it a truly individualized kit club experience. Our kits are a great value, come with a wide variety of embellishments and consistently offer your favorite new products on the market.
We are looking for freelance designers to provide us with excellently designed, creative scrapbook layouts and papercraft projects for our website and newsletter. Kits & Pieces will not be using a traditional design team; instead we prefer to offer a flexible working arrangement for us and for our designers.
Kits & Pieces is looking for designers who:
- are able to work with a wide variety of products
- are good at connecting with other scrappers
- are good at getting their work seen
- meet deadlines consistently
- can provide brief articles and/or step-by-step directions (not essential, but helpful)
- are friendly, fun, supportive and hardworking
If chosen, we intend to use you at least once in the next 6 months. You can turn down any kit for any reason, and we have no specific message board or recruitment requirements. When called upon, if you choose to work with us, you will be given a specific assignment, tailor-made to your strengths and our needs that month. It will be in the neighborhood of 3 1-page layouts, 2 layouts and 2 cards, a 2-page spread and an article, etc.
Benefits for Kits & Pieces designers are:
- a kit to work with on the months you design for us (to see examples of our kits, go to mykitsandpieces.com our sister site, creatingpages.biz)
- the ability to purchase kits at our 6-month subscriber raate on your off months
- 20% discount on already clearance-priced merchandise at Creating Pages
- access to our freelance designers forum
- your bio on our featured designers page
- referral program benefits
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Name, address, phone #, and e-mail
- A brief bio and headshot (which will be used if we select you)
- A link to your online gallery
- Your blog address and any forums in which you are active
- List your 3 favorite products to work with, 3 strengths as a scrapper, and 3 reasons why you would like to design for My Kits and Pieces.
Sorry, US scrappers only at this time.
The deadline for this call is Wednesday, August 15. Callbacks will go out until the 22nd. At this time we are looking for about 8-12 designers.
We look forward to seeing your work and getting to know a little bit about you! If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail Rosy at firstname.lastname@example.org or post a question on our message board (follow the link from mykitsandpieces.com).