Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Reflections on the first day of school...

  1. Elijah is happier and much better behaved when structure is imposed on him.
  2. Everybody is happier when Elijah is happy.
  3. Science is the funnest thing in the world.
  4. I have to remember that Shiloh is very much a kindergartener, even if she does first grade work.
  5. A fresh, unspoiled can of playdoh is good for an hour's worth of entertainment, and really doesn't take all that long to clean up.
  6. I hope the kids start taking more responsibility for keeping the house clean when it sinks in that they're going to be the ones cleaning it.
  7. I'm glad to live in a place where I can show the kids what a "habitat" is, not just tell them about it.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Good thoughts, all.

Anonymous said...

good stuff! I am all about schedule. Makes for a happy kid definitly!